Primal Blueprint: Paleolithic Diet
The Primal Blueprint is written by Mark Sisson, a former world-class endurance athlete with a degree in biology. He says, “The Primal Blueprint is a set of simple instructions (the blueprint) that allows you to control how your genes express themselves in order to build the strongest, leanest, healthiest body possible, taking clues from evolutionary biology (that’s the primal part).”
Paleolithic Diet Basics
- Eat lots of animals, insects and plants.
- Move around a lot at a slow pace
- Lift heavy things
- Run really fast every once in a while
- Get lot’s of sleep
- Get some sunlight every day
- Avoid trauma
- Avoid poisonous things
- Use your mind
Recommended Paleolithic Foods
Sample Diet Plan
Omelet with veggies
1 cup Coffee
4 cups mixed salad greens
6 cherry tomatoes
1 cup raw broccoli
6 oz salmon
2 tablespoons olive oil
5 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Handful of almonds
8 oz steak
2 cups steamed Brussels sprouts
1 tablespoon coconut oil
4 oz blueberries
1 glass red wine
Costs and Expenses
- Encourages a high intake of fruit, vegetables and healthy fats.
- Recommends the consumption of organic and free-range animal products.
- Includes comprehensive exercise guidelines.
- Can be followed as a lifestyle plan for health and weight management.
- Allows for treats such as red wine and chocolate and the occasional dessert.
- Acknowledges the importance of a holistic approach to health and fitness.
- Requires elimination of a wide variety of foods including grains, legumes and dairy products.
- Not suitable for vegetarians.
- This paleolithic diet does not include a comprehensive meal plan or recipes.